We are proud providers of CIBSE approved CPD programmes relating to ventilation and fire protection products.
According to the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), "Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a long term commitment. It refers to the ‘systematic maintenance, improvement and broadening of knowledge and skills'. It is about learning and putting into practice new competences year after year, and investing in your future."
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) explains, "Doing CPD helps you to stay competent, professional, capable and resilient as an architect. CPD enables you to achieve better outcomes and better businesses. CPD also helps you to contend with disruption and to face current and future challenges as well as learn new skills and specialisms."
CPD's we offer
Lindab Fire and Fire/Smoke Dampers CPD
- Introduction to European style Fire Dampers
- Compartmentation of Fire & Smoke
- Testing methods of the Fire Dampers
- Testing procedure EN1366-2
- Classification method 13501-3
- CE Marking EN15650
- Overview of Fire Damper models
- Features of the Fire Damper
- Advantages of the European type Fire Damper
Lindab Thor Duct CPD
- Provide a clear understanding of the current EN regulations and what has changed since they came into law in 2013
- Provide an understanding of the areas that have changed since the new standard was introduced
- Harmonised Standards
- CE Marking
- Third Party Certification
- Familiarise the attendee with the testing involved in both Smoke Extract & Fire Rated Kitchen Extract Ductwork and changes to insulation requirements
- Brief run through of the changes from BS476-24 to the new EN Regulations, specific to Smoke Extract & Fire Rated Ductwork
- Reference of well known documentation such as DW144, DW172, BCAR & ASFP, which state the latest standards.
CIBSE promotes the career of building services engineers by accrediting courses of study in higher education. It also approves work-based training programmes and provides routes to full professional registration and membership, including Chartered Engineer, Incorporated Engineer and Engineering Technician.